Did you ever come across any instance where you had to use a welder? May be a household activity or a repairing work at your garage? A welder can repair any metal. While some may use it as a tool for their profession others may use it to pursue their hobby. With a welder in your hands, you can shape any metal. Experienced people know how to handle a wire-feed welder and when to use. But, for beginners, it may get tricky. Different welding machines cater for different purposes.
There are two types of wire feed welder popularly known as flux-cored wire welding and MIG or the gas Metal Arc welding. Look-wise, MIG is the better than any other as it gives lower spatter levels. MIG is also famous because of its low cost, but for commercial purpose, TIG is the best. A buyer’s guide can help you choose a welder wisely.
Buyer’s Guide: All the Buying Information You Need
Buying wire feed welder machine is a long-term investment. If appropriately invested it can pay off very well in the long run. So, here are a few tips that can help you choose the best welder for yourself.
Price Range: One has to choose the equipment according to their budget. For instance, TIG or stick welder is less popular than MIG as they tend to cost less. But, TIG has a more extensive range of application.
Portability – portability is another issue that one must keep in mind. Huge, bulky machines can be complicated to handle sometimes.
Power Supply – for some, the lower voltage units don’t work out. So before getting a welder to make sure they are compatible with your workplace.
Purpose to be Served – different welders are used for different purposes. So, before purchasing a welder, one must be sure of its applications.
There are some welder machines available in the market that range from good to bad. Here, are a few of the wire feed welder reviews that are best in the market.
Here are the 10 Best Wire Feed Welder with Reviews
1. Lincoln Electric Weld Pak 125 HD:
The Weld Pak 125HD Lincoln Wire-Feed Welder is a 125 V wire-feed welder made of flux-cored wire welding. It is a portable machine, lightweight, used typically for steel welding. Its output current is 30A to 125 A. Therefore; it provides sufficient power for welding tasks around the houses and other small repair works. Its duty cycle is 20% @ 90A. Input voltage is 120VAC. Weight is22.5 kg and voltage can be controlled with four different positions. Its wire feed speed controls are 50-500 inch per minute. It can weld up to 5/16 inch mild steel fluxed wire without any gas.
The Weld Pak 125HD comes with a welding gun that contains a gasless nozzle. Also, it does not have a storing chamber for the welding tips and nozzles
- Lightweight, portable and easy for beginners.
- Fair price point and very efficient for small projects
- It is durable and can be used for long-term.
- Minimal spatter helps in starting the smooth arc formation.
- The current output of 30-125 A which is sufficient for most of the welding tasks
- Gun connected from Brass to brass for good conductivity
- Cast with gear drive made of aluminum for noise-free operation.
- The product is capable of 120V outlet only
- MIG welding is not possible
- Gas welding cannot be done
- Cannot be used for professional purposes.
- Aluminum and stainless steels’ welding cannot be done.
The product is a real workhorse. It is indeed one of the best Wire Feed Welders for farming and home use. It is an ideal machine for beginners at an affordable price.
2. Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder:
The Hobart Handler (500559) 140 MIG Welder is a very compact machine that can be used for MIG as well as flux core welding purposes. This product allows one to weld both thin and thick materials with astonishingly professional results compared to the welder’s power and size. Its main features include its exceptional quality and versatility and a portable machine which can run on ordinary household current.
Its power requirement is 155V. Weighs 26 kg and its duty cycle is 20% @ 90A. Its wire drive system is constructed from cast aluminum. It has five position voltage control and a sloped control panel. Also, it features ten feet MIG gun, a five feet gas hose and two gauge regulators.
- It has a superior build up quality and is very strong made of steel.
- Cables and gun are lightweight and thus does not tire the users.
- Wire feed speed can be controlled easily.
- It comes with five-position control for the smooth arc on a variety of thicknesses.
- Has a built-in safety feature that ensures the safety of the user.
- It comes with the thermal overload system that protects the user in case of overflow of current.
- In spite of being a low power machine, it gives clean and high penetration which helps in smooth welding.
- The product cannot be used with generators.
- Establishing a smooth wire feed is difficult.
- Needs extra gas cylinders which have an additional cost.
- Can be only used for DIY projects and not for industrial purposes.
- A power cord is only 5 foot and for moving to places longer than that user have to buy a wheeled cart.
Overall, the product is very impressive and ideal for beginners. The weld produced by the product is of good quality and lasts long. Also, it can be used for some large projects. It’s not high powered but given its power and size it is versatile, and results are of high quality.
3. Super Deal Black Commercial MIG:
Super deal black commercial MIG is one of the cheapest MIG welders. It is compatibility of 110V has a main unit with welding spool wire, a welding face mask, and a chipping wire brush and tips. It needs a welding current of 50-120A. Its duty cycle is 10% @ 105A and 35% @ 60A. It gives a very smooth weld because of variable feed speed control. Also, it has an indicator for on and off safety control. It is suitable for MIG and stick welding.
- With a weight of just 36.8 pounds this product is highly portable and light. It is straightforward to transport anywhere and very suitable for household r shop jobs.
- Comes at an affordable price.
- Faster and efficient welding due to its duty-cycle.
- Lightweight, intuitive and powerful.
- Flux made up of cored wire which releases self-release inert gas while welding that prevents the oxidation of welded parts.
- Feed speed can be controlled using four buttons.
- Standard weld wire is not of good quality.
- Cannot be used to weld aluminum
- Cannot be used at the professional level; only for entry-level users.
- Instruction manual provided is inadequate.
For the beginners, this product is the best. It has the best Wire Feed Welder Reviews. It is easy to learn and also the quickest. MIG with this product is clean and produces a robust and pleasing joint. It This is perfect for welding mild steel and stainless steels. Also, the price is very affordable.
4. Goplus MIG 130 Welder Flux Core:
GoPlus Flux MIG 130 Automatic feed welding machine is one of the best MIG welders that a material requiring metal welding needs. It has a straightforward setup and contains all the essential parts as are necessary for early-stage welding. It’s an excellent option for both beginners as well as experienced welders. It is a smart household welder that has a compact and exquisite gas welder. It is made up of stainless steel, painted with yellow paints which lasts long and ensures a long last lifespan. It is featured with a long handle, voltage, long cords, circuit breakers and other accessories.
- Free mask comes with its purchase
- Has a good range voltage
- Easy handling with comfort
- Long cord makes it easy to cater to all kinds of welding needs.
- Two circuit breakers available for avoiding any risks.
- For both, beginners and professionals it is straightforward to use
- Control weld feed with four settings and wire feed speed controller.
- It has a durable steel frame.
- Short warranty period.
- Battery power option not available.
- Not for heavy-duty purposes as a welder is not very powerful
- Mask provided is made of cheap plastic.
This product is very suitable for beginners due to its simple setup and features. The affordable price makes it the choice of beginners. The 110V input can be used with household supply.
5. SUNCOO MIG Welder 130 NO:
Suncoo MIG Welder 130 will enable the user to obtain a professional finish in welding. It is compact, portable and lightweight welder which is user-friendly and easy to get started with. Its portability allows the user to take it anywhere. Also, it is very simple to setup and use. It is made of steel frame and plastic handle and has the current range of 50-120A. Its duty output is 15% @ 105A.
- It is compact, lightweight and portable.
- Very easy to operate
- Comes with mash and spool gun
- It contains all the necessary accessories.
- Includes a torch for ON/OFF safety
- It has a 4 step power control for better weld speed control.
- Can be only used for DIY projects and not for industrial purposes.
- Mask provided is made of cheap plastic.
This welder is favorite as it’s so easy to use even for the inexperienced welder, so it’s an excellent choice for beginners and smaller metal projects. But professionals can also look out for this because it’s super reliable and produces quality welds
6. Hobart 500568 Handler 130 Wire Feed Welder 115V:
Hobart (500568) Handler 130 115V Wire Feed Welder is the latest product that is powerful and simple to use. It can be used for the array of projects and users can weld aluminum, metals and other alloys with ease and minimal knowledge. It is featured with wire feed knobs and can weld up to 3/16 inch steel. It has a built-in wire feeder, and the duty cycle is 20% @ 85A.
- Can be customized as per need with wire feed knobs
- Has an EZ mode
- It gives smooth results.
- Simple setup and easy to use
- Noise-free operation and affordable
- Best for beginners
- Gets heated on the only 120V
- Not suitable for larger projects
- The design is fundamental for professionals.
So, if one wants to make pro-quality welds with the help of a massive duty machine, then they won’t be disappointed with this product.
7. Welder MIG/Flux Core 120V, 90A @ 18.5VDC:
Welder MIG/Flux Core 120V, 90A is a popular product and has great reviews by its users. It is straightforward to use and easy to set up. It is featured with a smooth and stable arc and is famous among the hobbyists. It’s fully made up of metal. It works well on 120V household supply. Its auto set feature automatically sets the welder as per requirements. Its manual mode gives flexibility to the machine. It has a duty cycle of 18.5% @ 90A.
- Drive Roll Assembly is slick in adjusting
- Contains no plastics
- Setup is made quicker due to three grooves present.
- Provides great penetration
- Easy handling
- Cannot be used at the professional level; only for beginners.
- This product has solid reviews due to its user-friendliness. It will be an apt choice for beginners.
- These were some of the Best Wire Feed Welders which will help you to choose one as per your choice.
See Also: Best Welders for Beginners Reviews
Factors to be Look At While Considering the Cost of a Wire Feed Welder
- Get a clear picture of the cost and maintenance charge that will help you calculate an estimated budget.
- Be very sure about the project you have in hand; this will help you get the perfect machine that will cater to all your specific needs.
- Take note of power requirements, amperage and duty cycle that need to be achieved to get economical and effective operational results.
- Please do calculate the cost of your accessories like gloves, jacket, and helmet to your budget for buying the welder machine.
- If you are still not sure about the process involved watch a few videos that will help you understand the product.
Concluding it all
The criterion for buying the welder differs from person to person. Some consider the duty cycle as their priority, but for others, it may be the voltage inputs. Some may give preference to size others may find cost an issue. So, getting your first welder machine can prove to be tricky, but if you keep your basics clear, then you may be able to get over it. The best ones can be expensive or cheap but purchase the machine that will cater to all your needs. So, before buying a welder, make sure you get all the calculations correct. Obtaining a good welder machine can pay off very well in the long run.
Related Posts You May Like: